So a ton of people already know but I thought I would do an official blog post about it. We are expecting Baby #2! And are super excited. =) We had been trying to about 5 months and were getting frustrated. And we know thats not a long time but compared to getting pregnant with Mavrick it was. It only took us a month with him. Mavrick and this baby will be about 28 months apart.
Anyway...so as much as I hate taking pictures of myself when I am pregnant I vowed that I would do it on my next kid cause I didn't with Mav.
How I am feeling @ 8 weeks?
I am feeling ok. I have been alot more nauseous with this pregnancy than I was with my last one. I never throw up either, just gag. Its a curse. But the last few days I have been feeling alot better. So maybe the worst is over. I have been pretty tired but having a toddler and working doesn't allow me to take two naps a day like I did with Mav. So I am lucky when I get to get one in while Mavrick is taking his.
How my body has changed @ 8 weeks?
Um...I am ALREADY starting to show!!!!! What the HECK! I mean I know I am short but seriously? A baby bump already?! I just popped out of no where this week. Its like my body just remembered from last time and is all geared up and ready for this one. I didn't even show till about 20 weeks when I was pregnant with Mavrick! So that is kinda frustrating. But I guess I don't have to go through that stage of just feeling fat for 3 months and people can actually see the bump sooner. Ryan keeps scaring me and saying its twins...please no. Heavenly Father wouldn't do that to me, Would he?! Lol. =). Breasts, of course, are super tender and filling out which is also an annoying part of pregnancy. Weight gain is about 2 LBS I think...not sure though. Stopped keeping track of that a while back.
What I am thinking @ 8 weeks?
I am thinking...how the heck am I going to do this?! I mean...we wanted another baby but we don't even have Mavrick completely figured out yet. He is not an EASY baby, as people would say. We love him to death and would not change a thing about him but worried about how I will be able to care for 2 of them if this next baby has the same strong personality as Mavrick. I think we might stop at two if that is the case. Haha. =) Mavrick has really given us a run for our money and we have learned a lot and definitely gained more patience. Funny how the Lord works. =) People keep asking us what gender we want and we say "We don't care...as long as the baby puts itself to sleep without us and eats well." Haha. =) But we love him. I know things will get better and Heavenly Father will be there to help us out so I should probably just quit worrying but its hard. On a happier note, having another baby is getting us motivated to get some things done around the house, spend more quality time with Mav, take him on a few trips to fun places, and get him potty trained. Lol. =)
Anyway...here are a few quick pictures we took this morning. Excuse the pre-makeup and fake smile. =)
These pictures make me laugh with Mavrick.




Love the little bump! You still look absolutely tiny though! Congratulations again and we'll see if Trav and I decide to join y'all... don't get your hopes up though;) love you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations; we're so excited for you! You look darling. The photos made me laugh, though; can you say, "sibling rivalry"? Mavrick is starting early! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteThanks Aunt Beth. Ya...I am nervous and hoping the baby survives his/her brother Mav. Haha. =)
DeleteSo cute kayla! I love the little bump! Trust me, it's better to look pregnant than to just look pudgy, I know all about this!!! Way to go for joining a gym! I think consistently working out has helped me a ton through my pregnancies. Ok, I had to laugh when I read that having your breast fill out was an annoying part of pregnancy when I love that part of being pregnant since it is the only time that I EVER feel womanly. You must be lucky and not go completely flat chested after nursing like some of us :) Oh and good luck potty training, we are starting with Ellie sometime soon too. I'm still working up the courage :)
ReplyDeleteHaha. Thanks Ash. Ya...they do deflate but they get HUGE when I am pregnant and I feel so un-proportional. Haha. =) Good luck with potty training too. I have no clue what I am going to do. =)
Delete